When you’re a natural curly head like myself, the products you put in you hair can make or break the overall look of your hair. I’ve had my share of bad hair days from mixing product that didn’t quite work well together. I like to keep things simple as it pertains to my hair. I was once a hair product junkie that bought everything someone ranted and raved about. It started to get rather expensive and I found that I would start using a product and would never finish it, thus running out of space under my sink to store all these products I was hoarding. I’ve gotten better ya’ll. I’m not 100% delivered but I’ve gotten better. I stick to what works which is my trusty Argan Oil Eco Styler Gel, Virgin Coconut Oil and my spray bottle filled with water.
Okay, so on a Dollar General run I saw the Eco Curl N’ Styling Cocktail. I’m an avid Eco Styler Gel user… the Argan Oil one ONLY. I just don’t put it all over my hair because I rarely do wash n’ go sets and it has a stronger hold and I don’t want my hair too hard. I purchased the Eco Curl N’ Styling Cocktail for about $4.50. Here’s what to look for if you’re interested in getting some for yourself.
It claims to be great for all hair types, can be used on wet or dry hair with a light hold, it’s alcohol, sulfate and paraben-free (We naturalistas love when products are free from harsh chemicals), it defines curls and coils without the flakiness and weighed down build up. I can dig it, but does it work?
What’s in it?
- Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Emulsifying Wax, PVP, Glycerin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Oil, Collagen Amino Acids, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinodendron Rautanenii (Mongongo) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Aminomethyl propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA
This is a water based product and it contain glycerin which is a humectant. Humectants draw moisture from the air. You can even re-freshen the hairstyle by just spraying water on the hair since this product is a water based.
Well, I used it and here’s what I like…
- It defines the heck outta your hair which is a plus
- It leaves your hair light and soft
- It has a light hold so it doesn’t make your hair crunchy
- It has a pleasant, non-overbearing scent, kinda smells like fruits
- Dries without a white residue
Will I buy it again? Yes! I’ll also be using it on my daughter’s hair as well. Here are some pics of what my hair looked like after I used it.
If you’re looking to tame your mane, this might be it! I bet it would be pretty amazing if done on a twist out. I might try that method in the coming days. I love fleeky hair! Don’t take my word for it… do your research, read over some reviews, then try it for yourself. If you like it, come back to my site and leave me a comment and let me know how it went. I’d love to hear from you. Until next time…